The annual meeting of the priests working in the Diocese of Marbel was held from 5-8 November 2012 at Holy Cross Spiritual Center, Calumpang, General Santos City.
Attendance: November 5 was a pre-meeting. November 6: am – 62; pm – 58. November 7: am – 57; pm – 58. November 8: am – 50.
- 1. APPROVED DECISIONS
(1) Decisions made during the Annual Meeting of the Presbyteirum will be immediately communicated by the Bishop through his “Communications from the Bishop”, newsletter.
(2) All decisions will be compiled into a “Booklet” and regularly updated. Fr. Joseph Benitez was tasked to implement this. Decisions will be categorized with the dates of approval in parenthesis.
(3) Household census by parish to identify the Catholic population. Fr. Ramil Nerio was tasked to make the format of the Survey to be given to the GKKs.
(4) Prayer for the Year of Faith and Primer on the Year of Faith, presented by Fr. Ramil Nerio were accepted without modification.
(5) Focused Group Discussion presented by Fr. Nerio was approved. Focus on faith: its meaning, obstacles, strategies. Groups: GKKs, Catholic Schools, Religious Congregations, Recognized Organizations. Details, separate number.
(6) Theme and speakers for priests’ recollections. Fr. Ramil Nerio was tasked to choose the themes and invite speakers.
(7) Parishes are encouraged to have “backyard catechism” for the youth.
(8) Sex education for youth to be designed by Fr. Bonifacio Ampoyas, Fr. Ricardo Pajarillo, Jr., Fr. Ramil Nerio, Fr. Joy Peliño, Fr. Romeo Catedral, Fr. Marito Vasquez, CP.
(9) Pledges to the Diocesan Social Action Center shall be doubled, at least.
(10) Additional references for Campus Ministry: Bible and Vatican II Documents.
(11) Fiscal Year for Presybyterium meeting: October of current year to September, the following year.
(12) Pastoral Visits of Bishop. Reports needed by the Bishop during his conference in the morning: (a) Election Plan by SAC; and (b) Plan for Year of Faith, by the PPC.
(13) Barrio 5, San Jose, Marbel will be canonically erected as parish on 30 December 2012, Feast of Sagrada Familia (Holy Family), 4:00p.m.
(14) Canonical erection of St. John Baptist Parish, Lake Sebu on 01 April 2012, 10:00am.
(15) Parishes committed to purchase a vehicle for OLPH Seminary. Pledges will be collected this December.
(16) Pastoral Plan for Initial Proclamation of the Gospel. Fr. Ramil Nerio (COCF) and Commission on Social Action and Commission on Worship and Liturgy. Persons responsible.
(17) Seven parishes and six groups committed to handle a one-hour program on evangelization at DXCP. 1st, 3rd and 4th Saturdays, 10am – 11:00am. Details next number.
(18) Parishes are urged to support Marriage Enrichment Weekend Seminar (MEWS).
(19) Stewardship of Creation program to be made by Fr. Joy Peliño.
(20) Construction of seminar house costing P1.3M in Our Lady of Fatima Parish. Date of completion: June 2013.
(21) Renovation, ground floor, Our Lady of Lourdes Parish, Surallah, costing around P500,000.00.
(22) Construction, Seminar House, Sto. Niño Parish, Sto. Niño, P1.3M. Completion date: June 2013.
(23) Improvement, Parish Office, ground floor, Our Lady of Lourdes Parish, Polomolok, P300,000.00.
(24) Misa de Gallo masses to be broadcast from DXCP for fishermen in the high seas and farmers in distant places.