Bishop Dinualdo celebrated mass on April 24 at the Chapel of the Diocesan Radio Station DXCP. Participants spilled over to the ground around the chapel.
“…they killed him…but God raised him to life” (Acts 10: 39-40). “Let your thoughts be on heavenly things, not on the things that are on earth” (Col. 3:2). “…he saw and he believed” (Jh. 20:8).
Message of Easter is renewal. Renewal of self (personal) and transformation of sinful structures.
1) Self-renewal. Ezekiel quotes God: “I shall remove the heart of stone from your bodies and give you a heart of flesh instead. I shall put my spirit in you, and make you keep my laws…” (Ez. 36: 26-27). A heart of flesh is an obedient heart.
We remove from ourselves pride and greed – two capital sins relevant to our times. Replace them with humility and generosity/charity.
2) Social transformation.
Corruption is replaced with honesty, transparency and accountability to God and people.
Secularism (this earth only) and materialism (only material things matter) are replaced with faith in God, in the after life and integral/holistic view of man and society.
Mining Act of 1995 to be replaced by HB 3753. This Bill is based on the principles of environmental justice, integrated development, promotion of human rights, subsidiarity and nationalism.
How to change?
- Religious/values formation and adequate mass education.
- Strengthening of families and NGOs and POs.
- Dialogue with concerned government agencies and officials.
- Communal actions: prayer rallies, among other non-violent actions.
Our hope is a new heaven and a new earth. Peter writes: “What we are waiting for is what he promised; the new heavens and new earth, the place where righteousness will be at home. So then, my friends, while you are waiting, do your best to live lives without spot or stain so that he will find you at place”. (3 Pet. 3: 13-15. emphasis, Mine).